Food: Eat real food.
- Go to the grocery store 2x per week so I have stuff on hand and don’t have to buy too much/throw lots away.
- Prep meals in advance.
- Pack meals.
- Plan out what I’ll eat for the day first thing in the morning.
- Try new recipes, especially from my new cookbook. I’m also loving stuff from Healthful Pursuit and The Edible Perspective right now. Bring on the variety.
- Do assignments at least a day before the deadline.
- Stay organized.
- Set myself up for success by printing readings and writing down what needs to be read.
- Remember that marks aren’t everything.
Relationships: Build, maintain.
- Connect with people every day.
- Realize that a text response can wait.
Career: Don’t rush into anything
- Talk it out–look for advice and listen!
- Consider alternatives and write down a few “back up” plans.
Personal: Calm down.
- When I start to get stressed, take a break. Write it out–if I’m not in the mood to write about what I’m feeling, write about something else. Maybe use a prompt.
- Do one thing at a time.
- Watch TV. (haha, I’m serious!)
Training: Get better and get stronger.
- Focus on pre-hab and fixing the issues that led to this hip stuff.
- Come up with a training plan to ease back into things and to get to the starting line of my races injury free, fit, and happy.
- Foam roll daily.
- Work on core strength.
- Focus on improving swim technique.
- Environment is everything: I control what food I bring into my apartment. I control the state of my apartment (whether or not it’s a pig sty is in my control). I need to set myself up for success.
- Mistakes are lessons: I may not be perfect, but everything I do “wrong” is a lesson waiting to happen.
- We’re supposed to be happy: Enough said.
- There is always time for friends: Homework, cleaning, and whatever else I feel like I “should” be doing mean nothing compared to quality time with people.
- I can’t control other people: All I can do is control my reactions and attitudes and realize that what people do “to me” is likely not intended to hurt me–everyone has their own issues!
Andddd I have to add this in, cuz it happened when I logged onto Student Centre to apply to graduate–exciting in itself.
I’m in to my backup plan of Western’s Journalism program. It is SO early to hear — I guess someone up in the sky is looking out for me. To be honest this is stressful cuz it means those alternatives I’ve been thinking about need to get some consideration! I don’t know when I have to accept or decline from UWO, because they start in May I think it might be kind of early. I’ll obviously keep you posted!
What are you goals for this month?