I have so many cookbooks.
I think it’s cuz I picture myself cooking elaborate delicious things and then think buying the cookbook will automatically make myself that person…
The latest addition (I bought it this weekend) I might actually be able to get down to business with!Simple, delicious, and with pictures are requirements when it comes to cookbooks I’ll actually use! I love Whole Living magazine so when I saw the “Power Foods” cookbook at Chapters the other day, I knew it was a must buy (and I was starving at the time, what can I say!). It’s based on 38 healthy ingredients 🙂 …
I even love the intro:
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be a challenge. It should be easy and it should be pleasurable.”
oohhh martha! And there’s a section on nutrition guidelines that just MAKES SENSE:
The recipes I’m most excited to try/share with you guys (cuz I never stick to a recipe):
- quinoa crunch with seasonal fruit and yogurt
- whole grain toast with goat cheese and raspberries
- oat bran applesauce mini muffins (muffins are a fear food for me, but these ones look so good an shave dates and applesauce and honey for the sweetness!)
- quinoa, apricot, and nut clusters (sub for granola bars!)
- beet chips
- greek yogurt and vegetable sandwiches
- grilled mushroom burgers with white bean spread
- pita sandwiches with spinach-chickpea spread
- quinoa and turkey patties in pita with tahini sauce
- autumn greens soup
- soba noodle soup with shiitakes and spinach
- chili with chicken and beans
- sablefish in tomato saffron stew
- shredded brussels sprouts salad
- sauteed spinach with pecans and goat cheese
- marinated beet salad
- arugula with maple-roasted pumpkin
- asian chicken salad with bok choy
- wilted kale with cranberry beans and delicate squash
- grilled fish tacos
- paprika shrimp with walnuts
- walnut crusted chicken breasts
- grilled pork tenderloin and apricots with honey glaze
- roasted fall vegetables
- savory stuffed sweet potatoes
- kale slaw with peanut dressing
- vanilla bean baked apples
So much quinoa. So many meatless Monday options. Why would I ever eat something boring again!? I can hardly wait to get cooking!
Do you have lots of cookbooks? Do you use them?
What’s your fav cookbook?
What’s the next recipe you want to try?