Nooo I’m not arguing with my sister over who gets to open their stocking first…but we will do that tomorrow! 🙂 I think it’s about time I get on this holiday survey bandwagon!
25 Questions: Holiday Style
- Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Since I’ve yet to try eggnog…EGGNOG! Live on the edge, right?
This is in my fridge:
…does it count?
- Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
- Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Coloured lights are cute — I think I’ll have them SOMEWHERE when I’m older, probably outside, but white lights are CLASSIC! Love.
- Do you hang mistletoe?
I wouldn’t know mistletoe if I was standing under it with Justin Bieber.
- When do you hang your decorations up?
Thanksgiving (American Thanksgiving, that is) weekend. I’d love to do it on November 1, but it’s not socially excepted!
- What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
- Favorite holiday memory as a child?
My sister and I would put on a “Christmas Pageant” for my mom, grandma, and dad. We sang, danced, played our violins, and read “The Night Before Christmas”. If only I had videos…NOT!
- What is on your Christmas wish list?
A blender to make more green monsters. A crock pot to make good on my goals to cook more. Cookbooks! And running gear!
- Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve?
- How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
My mom has mostly ornaments that she bought this year since we lost a lot when we moved/our basement flooded. When I’m older I want a rustic tree…think log cabin, moose, reindeer, etc. with red and green and gold (and coloured lights ;)) with sentimental ornaments and maybe popcorn garland! 🙂
- Snow? Love it or dread it?
Kind of love it, but that’s cuz we don’t have it right now. It can all melt on January 2 in my mind and actually I don’t miss it…I’m off for a winter run in 5 minutes and I’m not missing it right now, that’s for sure! But come tomorrow, I will!
- Real tree or fake tree?
Fake all the way.
- Do you remember your favorite gift?
Hmmmm, not really! I was a spoiled brat. I do remember opening the TV that I STILL have because it was taller than me. I think I was 6. It’s so old.
- What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Cookies. Naturally. 😉 … jk! Seeing everyone.
- What is your favorite holiday dessert?
- What is your favorite tradition?
Baking a ton of stuff and dropping it off at people’s houses. 🙂 I like to be Santa.
- What tops your tree?
- Do you prefer giving or receiving?
Love to get them, but love to wrap and present them too!! 🙂 Tossup.
- What is your favorite Christmas song?
- Candy canes, yuck or yum?
- Favorite Christmas movie?
Christmas Vacation OR Elf!
- What do you leave for Santa?
Cookies for Santa, with some milk, of course! Maybe a note.
- Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
Not now, but my sister and I used to wake up early and on the half hour bug my parents to get up but they wouldn’t til at least 8! Then we’d make Pilsbury cinnamon rolls.
- Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
At the mall! There’s not that people watching, fun aspect of online shopping…it doesn’t count as retail therapy!
- Christmas letter or Christmas card?
I’m trying out the Christmas letter via email this year…it’s more what everyone else prefers!
MERRY CHRISTMAS! I’m late for my run…stay tuned for a bake-fest post tonight. 🙂