That’s just 1869 hours, folks.
No, really. 112 193 minutes and counting.
I’m relying not on super duper mathlete skills but on this countdown to any date website I use more than I should admit (yes, I count down to Christmas starting in July).
To distract myself from my race nerves and because Lauren, my top commentor (I appreciate that someone reads my posts!) and fellow blogger over at her own site —laurenblake.wordpress.com — asked me about my plans, I’m going to go ahead and list a few of the races/events I’m considering for this fall and up til July (August and September are hard to anticipate as I really don’t know where I’ll be with school, etc.) next year:
- Oct. 30: Halloween Haunting (10k) – London, Ont.
- Dec. 3: Santa Shuffle (5k) – London, Ont. OR Sarnia, Ont.
- Feb 5.: Hypothermic Half Marathon – Sarnia, Ont.
- Mar. 25: Around the Bay (30km) – Hamilton, Ont.
- May 6: Goodlife Marathon – Toronto, Ont.
- May 27: Woodstock Olympic Distance Triathlon – Woodstock, Ont.
- (June 3: Pedal to the Pines (148km) – Sarnia, Ont.)
- (June 4: CHOK Bridge Race (10km) – Sarnia, Ont.)
- (June 17: National 24 Hour Challenge – Middleville, Mich.)
- (June 24: Welland Half Ironman – Welland, Ont.)
- July 29: Calgary Half Ironman – Calgary, Alb.
Oh Lordy. I’m so excited when I look at this list! The ones in parentheses are ones I don’t know about. To be honest, planning this far ahead is hard but makes sense when it comes to planning out training, budgeting, vacations, etc.
Off to bed for me…
“There will come a point in the race, when you alone will need to decide. You will need to make a choice. Do you really want it? You will need to decide.”
“In running, it doesn’t matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say ‘I have finished.’ There is a lot of satisfaction in that.”
Here’s to finishing…strong!
Thoughts on my race ambitions? Are they too ambitious or just challenging enough?
Do you care to register for any with me?
Do you register way ahead or tend to wait until later on to sign up for a race?